- I was just in New York last week on a buying trip, and pretty much every girl in the fashion biz, and on the street, had on a midi skirt, a graphic tee and sneaks. So I would say this is THE outfit of the season. If you want to “unhipster” the comboa bit, wear with with booties or wedge sandals.
- BELTS galore. We saw belts everywhere in NYC. Skinny belts, waist belts, obi belts, designer logo belts. Any outfit can be completely elevated when you throw on a belt. – Now that high-waisted jeans are so popular, your fave tucks in easily and put on a skinny belt or a waist belt. – You can put a belt over so many dresses to give it an extra outfit punch. We all have a couple dresses with an elastic waist, but a waist belt over that and your hourglass shape will really shine. (pics to come)
- Animal Prints – We all know by now that animal prints have really gone wild this season. In the words of many fashion editors, they are the new “neutral.” Tops, Cardigans, Belts, Shoes, Coasts, they have fiercely taken over the runways. If you don’t love prints, but want to stay “on-trends.” Get a pair of snakeskin shoes, or a pair of earrings with a leopard print. Just a little accent.
- Fall Florals – Usually this print is relegated
- Leather Everywhere. Moto Jackets, tops and even pants. We are not suggesting you wear them together. My absolute favorite piece in my wardrobe is a moto jacket. It goes with absolutely everything. Throw it over a dress, a cute top and jeans, a midi skirt and your outfit just has a bit of an edge. Wear a leather cami with an army jacket to give it a casual-cool vife. Try leather skinny pants with a cozy sweater to balance it.